An Opinionated Data Scientist Environment Setup

While I don't personally agree with the majority of this environment setup (i.e., use whatever platform you jive with), it is one option that has worked well for this author and team. If you're an Ubuntu user, then this article does have some helpful tips to get things running smoothly.

The Definitive Data Scientist Environment Setup (

DeltaPy - Tabular Data Augmentation

This barebones Python package is an aggregation of many techniques including procedures like feature engineering, extraction, transformation, and selection, as well as data pre-processing, generation, synthesizing, and augmentation.

DeltaPy - Tabular Data Augmentation (Github) DeltaPy Notebook (Google Colab)

The Best Medium-Hard Data Analyst SQL Interview Questions

This is a good collection of SQL-based interview questions to review before a difficult data analyst interview. As the article mentions, "The first 70% of SQL is pretty straightforward but the remaining 30% can be pretty tricky." I have some studying to do.

The Best Medium-Hard Data Analyst SQL Interview Questions (Quip)

Medium Machine

This is more for a fun brain exercise. "The Medium Machine enables to transfer data and information in the form of muscle contractions into the unconscious mind of a human. [...] The human becomes a medium and a messenger between systems." Whaaaaaa? πŸ€”

Medium Machine (

COVID-19 News & Dashboards

I haven’t seen much other new COVID-19 data news. I’m going to keep these dashboards readily available so we can track things since some states have decided to withdraw shelter-in-place restrictions. Stay safe out there!

Johns Hopkins ArcGIS Dashboard
United States By County Dashboard Dashboard

If you have any other dashboards to share, please send them my way.