Fast.ai: Applied Data Ethics course ⚖️
No matter what domain you’re in, this new course from fast.ai by Rachel Thomas is worth looking at. “Data ethics covers an incredibly broad range of topics, many of which are urgent, making headlines daily, and causing harm to real people right now. [..] ”
Surfacing Visualization Mirages 📊
As responsible data scientists, we have to be careful about mistakenly seeing something in our data visualizations that don’t exist. In this article, Andrew McNutt overviews a testing strategy to ensure the accuracy of your findings.
Data Bits 📚
- Dataset of Dirty, Naughty, Obscene, and Otherwise Bad Words [Github]
- openbot: turning smartphones into robots
- Newspaper3k: Article scraping & curation[Github]
- databay: scheduled data transfer [Github]
Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Stay safe out there!
- Rt.live (Rt = Rate of Transmission)
- Johns Hopkins ArcGIS Dashboard
- COVID-19 Data for Locations of People You Love (i.e., Data by US County)
If you have any other dashboards to share, please send them my way.